The following vacc suit makes are widely sold in the sector. Unless otherwise stated, all come with a communicator with 10km effective range:-
These suits are inflated during use.
- VP Emergency Suit: 8 hours' endurance, 100km communicator range. Protects as no armour. Wearers suffer a DEX penalty of -2 and are capped at 8 effective DEX. 10kg, Cr 6,000. Sold as survival suit. Needs no skill.
- VP Extravehicular Activity Suit: 4 hours' endurance. Protects as no armour. Wearers suffer a DEX penalty of -1 and are capped at 9 effective DEX. 8kg, Cr 9,000. Requires Vacc-0.
- VP Hostile Environment Suit: 4 hours' endurance. Protects as cloth armour, survives insidious and corrosive environments and temperatures -150 to +300 degrees centigrade. Wearers are capped at 10 effective DEX. 6kg, Cr 12,000. Requires Vacc-1.
- VP Vanguard Suit: 6 hours' endurance. Protects as cloth armour, survives insidious and corrosive environments, temperature extremes down to absolute zero and up to +500 degrees centigrade, radiation, and most chemical weapons and biohazards. Wearers are capped at 10 effective DEX. 12kg, Cr 25,000. Requires Vacc-2.
These suits are skin-tight and worn under clothing.
- Tomlinson Express: 6 hours' endurance. Protects as no armour. 1kg, Cr 10,000. Requires Vacc-0.
- Tomlinson Fashion: Like the Tomlinson Express, but looks gorgeous, dahling. Cr 24,000. Requires Vacc-0.
These armoured suits are air-filled and servo-assisted.
- Combat environment suits and battle dress. Not commercially available.